Oahu Pearl Harbor Experience
Your day starts in the Pacific Historic Parks Visitor Center at the historic Pearl Harbor, which leads you to the USS Arizona Memorial for a time of reflection and remembrance. There you will learn of the "date which will live in infamy," as proclaimed by US President Roosevelt, referring to the surprise military strike conducted by the Imperial Japanese Navy on December 7, 1941. Learn about the history and devastation of the tragic day, as within the grounds of Pearl Harbor there are a number of exhibits, displays, memorials, and museums, honoring not only the 1,177 victims of the Japanese attacks, but all of those who bravely served in the US during World War II.
View the downed USS Arizona, accessible only by boat. Standing in reflection on the USS Arizona Memorial, you pause in tribute to those who lost their lives that day. In a moving balance of life and death, you may spot Hono green sea turtles and colorful fish swimming in the active reef around the USS Arizona, even as it serves to memorialize those entombed below.
A movie and a boat trip across the harbor complete your morning at the Memorial. The Pearl Harbor Experience gives you an opportunity to explore and reflect, led by a knowledgeable guide who provides helpful insight and information, fascinating historical and cultural background - and the ease of transportation.
Oahu Pearl Harbor Experience Trip Stops Include:
• The Pacific Historic Pearl Harbor Visitor Center
• USS Arizona Memorial - accessible only by boat
Group Tour Price Includes:
• Round-trip transportation from resort/condo in the Waikiki Resort and Ko Olina Resort areas
• Park access fees
• Narrative guide
Restrictions for Participants:
• 11 years of age or younger to be accompanied by an adult
• Shirt and shoes are required at Pearl Harbor. Swimsuits are not permitted.
• Prohibited inside Pearl Harbor, the Visitor's Center, or to any of the attractions at the Pearl Harbor National Park include, but not limited to: purses, handbags, backpacks, fanny packs, camera bags, diaper bags, luggage and/or any other type of bag that can conceal an object. A storage facility is available for a minimal fee per bag outside the entrance to Pearl Harbor. Cameras and camcorders are permitted.
Suggested Items to Bring:
• Additional spending money for gratuity, souvenir shopping, beverage and/or snack
• Comfortable walking shoes
The estimated return time for the 6:20 a.m. departure is at 10:30 a.m.; Whereas, the estimated return time for the 9:00 a.m. departure is at 1:15 p.m.
Tour events are weather permitting and are subject to change without notice. Itinerary tour stops and tour journey is subject to change without notice. Activity includes less than 1 mile of walking distance throughout the day.