Big Island: Air & Water-Helicopter Excursion
On this helicopter excursion you will soar over Kilauea Volcano followed by a remote landing for a refreshing swim in a romantic waterfall. In the air you will fly over Hilo, Kona, Kilauea Volcano, Rainbow Falls, Akaka Falls and the Hamakua Coastline. By land you'll enjoy a refreshing swim or kayak in a natural mountain pool fed by a 100 foot (30m) tall waterfall. Truly, a Big Island-Hawaii excursion by Air & Water!
Start by boarding a comfortable, air conditioned helicopter aircraft. You will fly heading out towards the active volcano - Kilauea. View lush tropical rainforest that soon give way to stark black lava flows, as you approach the volcano. Look for surface flows and lava entering the ocean as your pilot safely navigates through columns of steam and smoke rising from the volcanic landscape.
Upon viewing Kilauea Volcano, you will circle back and head north past Hilo. Hilo is located on the windward side of Hawaii island, which is known as waterfall country. You will see the most well-known waterfalls Hawaii offers from the air including Rainbow Falls and Akaka Falls. Cleared for landing by ground crew, your pilot will make a breathtaking landing at a remote location where you will be met by your guide.
Your exploration continues on land as you enjoy a refreshing swim in a natural mountain pool fed by a 100 foot (30m) waterfall. You will explore the old trail system that was used in the sugar cane plantation days, or just relax in our private pavilion. To make your trip a special, one-of-a-kind experience, a Hawaiian style BBQ meal will be prepared by your guide.
Finally, your pilot will pick you up for your return flight over the Hamakua Coast on your way back to Kona. During our return flight to Kona, you'll reflect on the new land formations you recently witnessed during the flight over Kilauea Volcano. As new land is always being created and added to the Big Island, just as these islands have been created for millions of years.
Big Island: Air & Water-Helicopter Excursion offers R/T transportation from all Kona side locations
Regular - Group Price Includes:
• Round-trip transportation from all Kona side locations
• Narrative guide
• Walking stick
• Access fees
• Air tour ticket
• Light snacks, water, juice, soft drinks, beer & champagne
• Hawaiian-style barbecue meal
• Water booties
• Mosquito repellent
Guidelines for Participants:
• For those 18-years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult
• Maximum weight limit is 265lb (120.2kg); Comfortable seat may be available at an additional surcharge for those greater than the maximum weight limit.
• Closed toe shoes required
• Must be able to traverse stairways and walk for 20-minutes unassisted over uneven terrain
• Participants should not scuba dive within 24-hours of flight
• Volcanic emissions, including sulfur gas, may affect those with respiratory concerns
• Participants should be prepared for immediate evacuation in accordance with directions given by County, State and/or Federal officials
Suggested Items to Bring:
• Government issued ID
• Light jacket, hat and sunglasses
• Shorts or pants and t-shirt are okay
• Closed toe shoes required
• Swim wear and towel; swimsuit may either be worn under clothes or bring to change into
• Still or video camera
• Additional spending money for an opportunity to purchase unique locally produced gifts and products
Air & Water-Helicopter Excursions run rain or shine. Generally, moderate air temperatures at sea level with cooler temperatures at the mountain waterfall location. Expect occasional rain showers. Viewing conditions over Kilauea Volcano changes constantly and red lava cannot be guaranteed to be seen. Activity includes traversing uneven, rocky terrain, which include several flights of steps to the waterfall. Tour itinerary, order of itinerary, and inclusions are subject to change without notice.
Hawaiian-style Hibachi boneless chicken with ginger soy sauce & Paniolo pork ribs with guava BBQ glaze
Dietary requirements and restrictions, including children's meals may be accommodated on request with advance notice.
Meal served with the following:
• Pineapple coleslaw
• Vegetables tossed in an Italian dressing
• Garlic butter corn
Beverage includes your choice of: Water, soft-drinks, juices, beer & champagne