Kauai Zip Line (7 Line Single-Track Zip)
On this zip-tour you will soar on a journey above the Hanama'ulu basin overlooking the rainforest canopy and the lush brilliance as part of the former Lihue Sugar Plantation. You will explore the finest natural areas that Kauai has to offer. Truly an incredible journey which will leave you with vacation memories of a lifetime.
Take your need for speed to new heights on this thrilling zipline adventure, which includes an elevation drop from beginning to end of nearly 250 feet (76 meters). During your decent you will view breathtaking scenery, such as scenic waterways and mountain scape while soaring over them on this Kauai zip course.
Begin the day on a fully narrative drive over former plantation lands with views of the mount Waialeale and mount Kawaikini on your way to your zip adventure. Your certified guide will share interesting information on island history, culture, flora and fauna. After a safety briefing upon your arrival you will start your 7-line single-track zip course.
The elevation levels at your destination will boast spectacular panoramic views of lush tropical forests and deep valleys below. Feel the rush as you glide along a mountainside to end at a lush bamboo grove and refreshing swim in a natural swimming hole. You will be well equipped and prepared to soar over tropical forests, streams and jungles rich with magnificent scenery! You’ll zoom down, sailing along on a series of seven zip lines, as you make your way to the valley floor below.
To make your trip a special, one-of-a-kind experience, you will be allotted time at the end of the zip for a swim in a natural swimming pool - so wear your suit under your clothing. You will also enjoy a complimentary light picnic meal in a bamboo grove. Relax, soak in a natural swimming pool or bask in the sun. And, take one last dip in the water before heading back to home base!
The zip course is accredited by the Association of Challenge Course Technology (ACCT).
Regular - Group Price Includes:
• Round-trip transportation from the Information Center thru the backcountry and zip line outpost
• Narrative guide
• Zip equipment including helmet & safety harness
• Access fees
• Light meal and beverage
Guidelines for Zip line Participants:
• Must be 12 years of age or older
• 15 years of age or younger to be accompanied by an adult; Ages 16 & 17 may participate with adult guardian release at check-in
• Must be able to lift 10lb or 4.5 kg
• Must be able to traverse stairways, suspension bridges, suspended staircases, and uneven terrain
• Minimum weight is 100lb or 45.36 kg
• Maximum weight is 250lb or 113.40 kg
• Closed toe shoes required
• Those who are uncomfortable with heights, or experience heart, neck, knee, ankles, hip or back problems are restricted to participate
• Those who are pregnant are restricted to participate. However, women in their first trimester of pregnancy may participate with written physician approval.
Suggested Items to Bring:
• Light jacket, hat and sunglasses
• Knee length shorts or long pants and t-shirt are okay
• Swim suit - you may wear under your clothing
• Closed toe, secure covered shoes required. Water shoes are not appropriate foot wear.
• Mosquito Repellent
• Hair teis to secure long hair
• Optional rain gear
• Still or video camera
Zip line tours run rain or shine. Generally, there are cooler temperatures at the beginning of the course and warmer temperatures near the end. Access to natural swimming pool is dependent on seasonal rainfall amounts. Activity includes traversing stairways, and uneven terrain throughout the day.
Light Picnic Meal:
Build your own sandwich, which includes a choice of Turkey or Vegetarian selections on a whole wheat pita round served with chips
Turkey, Salami, Cheese, Sprouts, Cucumbers, Pickles, Olives, Pepperoncini
Vegetarian, Humus, Cheese, Sprouts, Cucumbers, Pickles, Olives, Pepperoncini
Beverage includes cold water
Dessert includes cookies
Meal selections subject to change without notice.