Oahu's North Shore Snorkel & Waterfall Safari
On this North Shore adventure, guests will travel to a snorkeling location with a shallow coral reef that features a variety of tropical fish and regular visits by Honu green sea turtles. A professional guide leads snorkelers on a tour of the underwater sights at this unique location. Guests enjoy the clear turquoise waters and variety of unique marine life for a couple of hours of snorkeling fun. We provide snorkel, mask, and instruction for this tour, and our guide is in the water during the snorkeling to guide and watch over the group.
Snorkelers can expect to see a variety of tropical fish, including humu humu, akule, parrot fish, wrasse, snapper, and various other typical Hawaiian reef species. Sea turtles are occasionally present at the snorkeling location, and are not shy about swimming in close proximity to the snorkelers, which is a great experience for the guests.
Following snorkeling, you will be allotted time for a non-host lunch stop at a local beach grill while enjoying the view of the coastline. The beach grills plate meal and light deli-style sandwiches are prepared with organic, and locally-grown ingredients. After lunch, guests enjoy a casual walk to one of Oahu’s most famous and spectacular waterfalls. *
Our guides will lead you through a garden preserve to this amazing location, where you may take some time to swim in the natural freshwater pool at the base of the waterfall.*We then take an easy stroll back along a path that highlights some of the unique cultural sites in the valley, including the location of an ancient Hawaiian Temple. Our guides will point out and describe interesting birds and plant species along the trail.
This is a great small-group activity, and we have many families sign up for this tour. We provide detailed instructions on how to use the snorkeling equipment, and most guests pick it up very quickly. Guests under 18 must be accompanied by an adult or have their parent/guardian sign a liability waiver.
Younger children (6 to 12 years old) are allowed to snorkel only with parental permission and supervision. Snorkelers should be able to swim. Previous experience snorkeling is helpful, but not required. Typical guest profile is an adventurous person, in reasonably good shape, who enjoys outdoor activities.
Bring sturdy footwear (sneakers or sandals with a strap around the ankle are OK) for the nature walk, sunblock, insect repellant, towel, swimwear (changing room is available at both the snorkel and waterfall locations).*
* = Separate Park Access Fee associated with nature preserve and Waterfall stop, paid individually, if wish to visit and access site.
Regular - Group Price Includes:
• Round-trip transportation from resort/condo in the Waikiki Resort area
• Narrative guide
• Snorkel & Mask
Exclusive - Private Charter Price Includes:
• Round-trip transportation from any Oahu island location
• Dedicated vehicle
• Narrative guide
• Snorkel, mask and fins (fins available upon request)
• Tour time periods may be altered upon request
• All dates available to an Exclusive booking, upon request
Restrictions for Participants:
• The state of Hawaii requires children under the age of four to ride in a child safety seat and children ages four through seven to ride in a child safety seat or a booster seat when traveling on a motor vehicle. Vehicles are generally not equipped with children safety seats or a booster seat; a nominal surcharge may apply for request or requirement for use of additional seating device.
Tour itinerary and snorkeling location changes as needed to accommodate seasonal weather, tidal patterns and surf conditions. Access to nature preserve and waterfall pool is dependent on rainfall amounts. Activity includes about 1.5 miles of walking distance throughout the day.