Oahu Pearl Harbor & Polynesian Cultural Center
On this Pearl Harbor, North Shore & Windward bound to the Polynesian Cultural Center full-day activity, guests will travel to the naval base at Pearl Harbor to see first hand the devastation of the tragic day, as you stand to reflect over the downed USS Arizona. Your adventure is combined with many of the top sites around the island of Oahu, including a visit to the Dole Plantation, world famous beaches along the North Shore, and the Polynesian Cultural Center, where you will spend the remaining portion of your days activity.
Your day starts in the Visitor Center at the historic Pearl Harbor, which leads you to the USS Arizona Memorial for a time of reflection and remembrance. There you will learn of the "date which will live in infamy," as proclaimed by US President Roosevelt, referring to the surprise military strike conducted by the Imperial Japanese Navy on December 7, 1941. View the downed USS Arizona, accessible only by boat. Learn about the history and devastation of the tragic day, as within the grounds of Pearl Harbor there are a number of exhibits, displays, memorials, and museums, honoring not only the 1,177 victims of the Japanese attacks, but all of those who bravely served in the US during World War II.
Next you'll find yourself in Central Oahu at the Dole Plantation. This brief visit along with a famous North Shore beach stop will allow you experience the diversity that the island of Oahu offers. You will visit the Dole plantation home, which is now a historical archive of the life and work of the industrialist, James Dole - founder of the Dole Food Company. Afterwards, you'll descend from the agri-fields, which today consists of mainly pineapple and coffee, to the North Shore en-route to the Polynesian Cultural Center.
The Polynesian Cultural Center is a 'Polynesian-themed' theme park or living museum, which consists of seven simulated tropical villages where performers demonstrate various arts and crafts from throughout Polynesia. This 42 acre (17 ha) living theme park has its own IMAX theatre as well as a lagoon where visitors can paddle canoes accompanied by a guide. Don't miss the "Rainbows of Paradise" show, which highlights the signature dances from the Park's featured Polynesian villages. The park hosts several seasonal special events highlighting Hawaiian, Samoan, Tahitian and Māori cultures along with a Holiday festival in December and a Haunted Lagoon during the month of October.
To make your trip a special, one-of-a-kind experience, you will be seated for a dinner 'luau style' buffet. Sit and relax as you reflect on your days adventure from your visit at Pearl Harbor, views of the North Shore coastline, and breathtaking views of the Ko'olau mountain range; as you sit during your meal reflecting on your recent stroll within the Polynesia park... don't get too comfortable as we have saved the best for last. Your dinner will be followed by an exhilarating evening Polynesian show entitled: Hā–Breath of Life.
The tour stops for the Oahu Pearl Harbor & Polynesian Cultural Center includes the following:
• Pearl Harbor (including the Visitor Center & USS Arizona Memorial - accessible only by boat)
• Dole Plantation (souvenir shopping & taste opportunity)
• Sunset beach (North Shore beach stop)
• Polynesian Cultural Center (souvenir shopping & taste opportunity; including dinner 'luau style' buffet & evening Polynesian show)
The tour journey for the Oahu Pearl Harbor & Polynesian Cultural Center includes the following:
• Coffee and Pineapple fields (agri-journey)
• North Shore organic farms (agri-journey)
• Waimea Bay Beach Park (coastal journey)
• Ko'olau mountains (windward Oahu)
This tour combines many of the 'top sites' around the island of Oahu, including the world famous North Shore, the Polynesian Cultural Center and Pearl Harbor.
Regular - Group Price Includes:
• Round-trip transportation from resort/condo in the Waikiki Resort area
• Park access fees
• Dinner 'luau style' buffet
• Polynesian show
• Narrative guide
Restrictions for Participants:
• 11 years of age or younger to be accompanied by an adult
• Shirt and shoes are required at Pearl Harbor. Swimsuits are not permitted.
• This tour includes a planned dinner 'luau style' buffet but does not have a planned lunch stop. Snacks or light lunch selections are available at the USS Arizona Memorial Visitor Center gift shop, the Dole Plantation cafeteria (time is limited at the Plantation), or the Polynesian Cultural Center
• Prohibited inside Pearl Harbor, the Visitor's Center, or to any of the attractions at the Pearl Harbor National Park include, but not limited to: purses, handbags, backpacks, fanny packs, camera bags, diaper bags, luggage and/or any other type of bag that can conceal an object. A storage facility is available for a minimal fee per bag outside the entrance to Pearl Harbor. Cameras and camcorders are permitted.
• Due to enhanced security measures, all visitors entering Ford Island at Pearl Harbor must have a legal form of identification to access the USS Missouri and the Pacific Aviation Museum. Government issued ID, drivers license or a passport are acceptable. Not acceptable forms of ID include such things as Credit card ID, work and school ID.
Suggested Items to Bring:
• Additional spending money for gratuity, souvenir shopping, lunch, beverage and/or snack
• Government issued ID, drivers license or a passport
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Insect repellent
• Bottle water
All events and times are weather permitting and are subject to change without notice. Access to beach areas are dependent on surf conditions. Itinerary tour stops and tour journey are subject to change without notice. Activity includes about 2.5 miles of walking distance throughout the day.
Dinner Buffet includes:
• Fresh tossed greens
• Croutons, shredded cheese, carrot sticks, olives, sliced cucumbers, baby corn, sunflower seeds, and bacon bits
• Pickled cucumber salad
• Pineapple Chunks
• Japanese Miso soup
• Kalua pork with cabbage
• Baked Chicken
• Teriyaki Mahimahi
• Maui blend vegetables
• Vegetarian Chili
• White Dinner Rolls
• Mashed Potatoes with gravy
• Steamed Rice
• Coconut Cake
• Chocolate Cake
• Pineapple Crumb Bars
Beverage includes your choice of:
• Soft-drinks (available in caffeinated & decaffeinated)
• Lemonade & Fruit Punch
• Hot coffee (available in caffeinated & decaffeinated) or herbal tea
Menu selections are subject to change without notice.