Oahu Grand Circle Island Excursion
This is one of the most comprehensive version of a Circle Island Tour, covering nearly 120 miles (193km) of the island of Oahu. Together, guests and guide will explore natural features and gardens, scenic coastal bluffs and vistas, an optional swim at a freshwater pool and waterfall, including scenic North Shore coastal areas, surfing beaches and spectacular views of the windward Ko'olau mountain range and coast that one can only experience on the island of Oahu.
As a result of Hawaii's incredibly diverse ecosystem, the islands of Aloha become the perfect backdrop for a variety of different environments - from arid desert to mountain pine forest, verdant grassland to majestic mountain terrain - in addition to the lush tropical rainforests and pristine sand beaches Hawaii is known for.
Upon departing from the Waikiki resort area, we trek around the island of Oahu to a number of locations beginning along the Ka Iwi coastline and continuing up windward Oahu, in addition to a visit in central and North Shore areas of the island. Sites we visit along the way, some of which include: a Japanese 'Buddhist' Temple, pineapple plantation, vistas, freshwater pool and waterfall, botanical gardens and natural preserve and a few surprises along the way.
The activity includes multiple coastal and beach views from rocky coastal sea bluffs to famous sandy surf beaches. Exceptional photo opportunities abound at this, and at every site, of this full-day tour. In fact, all the locations we visit are settings of natural beauty or cultural and historical significance. During the days activity, your guide will point out the surrounding plant and bird species, ancient archaeological sites, describe Hawaii's unique geology, natural and cultural history.
Oahu Grand Circle Island Excursion Tour Stops Include:
• Hanauma Bay (coastal vista stop)
• Halona 'Blow Hole' & beach featured from the motion picture: "From Here To Eternity" (natural feature coastal & beach stop)
• Makapu'u Lookout (coastal vista stop)
• Byodo-In Temple (Buddhist Temple stop and souvenir shopping)
• Nu'uanu Pali Lookout (mountain vista stop)
• Windward Coast (planned non-host Lunch stop; which includes alternate selections, i.e., shrimp, chicken, steak, veggie selections)
• Waimea Valley Nature Preserve with Waterfall (a guided 1.5-mile walk through botanical garden and souvenir shopping; optional swim at a fresh water pool and waterfall)
• Dole Plantation (souvenir shopping & taste opportunity)
The tour journey for the Oahu Grand Circle Island Excursion includes the following:
• Diamond Head (view crater slopes)
• Waimanalo Town (view the windward community)
• Rain Forests (view the many forests along your windward journey)
• Ko'olau Mountains (view and marvel the Pali slops along your windward journey)
• North Shore Surfing Beaches (view of coastal and beach areas)
• Kahala (view and marvel the Ka Iwi coastal journey)
• Sandy Beach (view coastal and beach area)
• Pineapple and agriculture fields (view the agricultural isle-country journey)
To make your trip a special, one-of-a-kind experience, we provide our guests with an opportunity for a non-host meal stop at one of the locations on either windward Oahu or North Shore (exact location depends on travel time). Explore the island locations in a medium-size group tour setting. Your Circle Island experience includes multiple beach views along the Ka Iwi coastline, windward Oahu, and famous North Shore surfing beaches and many other surprises!
Group Price Includes:
• Round-trip transportation from cruise ship docks and resort/condo in either the Waikiki Resort or Ko Olina Resort areas
• Park access fees
• Narrative guide
Restrictions for Participants:
• 11 years of age or younger to be accompanied by an adult
• Hanauma Bay is not accessible for viewing on the weekday of Tuesday
Suggested Items to Bring:
• Additional spending money for gratuity, souvenir shopping, lunch, beverage and/or snack
• Comfortable walking shoes
• Mosquito repellent
• Swimsuit (optional) for Waterfall visit; changing facilities available at waterfall
• Aqua shoes (optional) for Waterfall visit
• Bottle water
The estimated return time for the 7:30 a.m. departure is at 5:00 p.m.; Cruise Ship pier departures may be an earlier pick-up.
Access to vistas, beach areas, and fresh waterfall pool are dependent on surf conditions and seasonal weather rainfall amounts. Itinerary tour stops and tour journey is subject to change without notice. Activity includes about 2 miles of walking distance throughout the day.